Buy list section has two categories:
1) Buy List
2) Transaction Process
3) Buying without using buy list
What is a Buy List?
A Buy List is a list of cards put together by Critical Hit Gaming Lounge that we wish to purchase through payment of cash or store credit. At this time, we are only purchasing cards from this list through remote transactions. See Buying without using buy list section for further information.
Critical Hit Gaming Lounge only accepts Mint, Near Mint or Lightly Played cards according to the TCG Player card conditions. See video below. Some exemptions may apply on a case by case basis.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YkkZRJjecxg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Condition and Expectations
For each condition rating down from Mint/Near Mint, we discount 10%. For example, if your card is Lightly Played then the card is 10% off from the Mint/Near Mint price. Note that Mint and Near Mint are not discounted.
We do not accept cards with a current value of $6.99 or less CANADIAN dollars (or equivalent in US dollars).
We do not accept autographed cards.
We only accept cards printed in ENGLISH, at this time.
We do not accept proxy or fake cards
Buying Percentage – How We Buy
All of our cards are based on TCG Player market value in Canadian dollars.
$7 to $19.99 – 40% cash, 55% store credit
$20 to $49.99 – 50% cash, 60% store credit
$50 and above – 55% cash, 65% store credit
Note: Cards $250 dollars and above will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
As a small business, unfortunately, we can not accept all cards. There may be times when we decline cards and/or your offer as we must do what is best for our business. Please do not take this personally.
Critical Hit Gaming Lounge reserves the right to negotiate prices with our customers.
All confirmed sales are final, and no refunds/returns/exchanges are will be permitted.
Disclaimer: The online prices of our product is governed an external platform and on rare occasions, technical errors have resulted in posted prices that are incorrect. In such an event, we reserve the right to cancel any sale of affected purchases and refund payment.
Transactions Process: For selling cards to us remotely
- Send a csv file to with the following information:
- Name of card
- Card number
- Card set
- Condition (based on TCG player condition rating)
- Send csv file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The card list will be reviewed, and we will respond to you within 24 hours
- If the card list is accepted by Critical Hit Gaming Lounge staff, please mail to the following address. Ensure that your address, first and last name and contact information is within the package. Please mail your cards in proper packaging as to prevent damage during transport. You may consider adding insurance and a tracking number to the package. Note that the transaction is not yet complete.
- Once received, staff at Critical Hit Gaming Lounge will assess the condition and price of the cards and adjust the card list if necessary. This information will be conveyed back to you within 48 hours to accept or decline the offer. The seller has 24 hours to make their decision. If the offer is declined by the seller the cards will be mailed back.
- Seller pays for shipping expenses when shipping to the store. Buyer will pay shipping expenses if the cards are to be returned due to failed negotiations.
- The length of time for a package to be received by the buyer may affect the price of the cards due to any fluctuations in the market.
Buying cards without using the buy list.
Sellers looking to sell cards not on our buy list must come to the store in person with their cards. Please refer to the information under Buy List as those rules still apply. As a reminder, we do not purchase cards less than $7.00. The condition of the card must be mint, near mint or lightly player. There may be some exceptions to these rules.